Friday, March 19, 2021

Surplus Snackies

I like shopping at Surplus Stores.  The organization of merchandise is always more interesting.  One of my regular stops is affiliated with a Big Box store chain.  The prices are only a little better but the selection is good and stock changes often.  Here's what I saw on a recent visit.


Oooh, snacks.  That's always good, although you need to check expiration dates.  Specifically what we have on offer is:

Crunch Mania.  And its an actual brand name product from Kellogg, not some generic pellets.  But what's this right around the corner?


Mouse X and Rat X.  Now I figured at first that these were straight out poisons, and that putting them around the corner from the munchies was a bad idea.  But on a close up view I discovered that the active ingredients are basically corn meal and a whoppin' dose of sodium chloride.  So....evidently the plan is to have the mice develop high blood pressure and have strokes?  Next to the X-products were some concoctions with a bit more kick to 'em.


The big bag on the right is Complete Insect Killer, which promises the total eradication of crawly things when applied to your yard.

I suppose I should not act shocked, or be snarky with respect to the similar ingredients especially between Mouse X and Crunch Mania.  This is in effect a hardware store.  They trust their customers to know what they are doing and what they are buying.  I guess it is comforting on some level that Nannyism does not extend to Surplus Stores.


No comments: