Wednesday, March 10, 2021

And the Award for Best Actor Goes To..............

With the warmer weather I've been out for serious spring time walkies.  We're talking 5, 6, 7 miles in a day.  Sometimes its because I'm enjoying being warm, other times because I'm seeing interesting things.

Last week was the annual Golden Globes Awards show.  Rather a down market version of the Oscars, and in a Covid impacted year they really must have had slim pickings.  It's been decades since I paid any attention to this sort of nonsense.

Besides, they always hand the hardware to the wrong people.  Out on my extended stroll for instance I came upon....

"Ladies and Gentlemen, the Award for Best Actor goes to.............D. Possum!"


I suppose playing dead is a stereotypical role for opossums, but this guy is really going for it.  Such devotion to the craft.  I suppose I should acknowledge my own bias as a judge.  I simply think better of most animals including stinky marsupials than I do of most actors and celebrities.

1 comment:

STxAR said...

In college, I worked for the school as an electrician. I helped with a summer remodel of the lab spaces, and a South American student was on the crew as well. His carpenter pouch went missing over night, and the next am, he was stomping around the work site. "Where ees my pouch?" repeated over and over rising in volume and tone. I finally said, "you are some poor marsupial if you have misplaced your pouch!" He assumed I was besmirching his manhood, as we nearly went to war. Everyone else thought it great sport. We had a testy cease fire the rest of the year....

Jokes don't always translate well, even if you almost speak the same language....