Friday, May 26, 2023

Digging at Vindolanda - My Semi Imaginary Friends!

I've been back from Vindolanda for almost two weeks now.  So it's Real World for me.  Or is it?  I've been spending lots of time with my precocious four year old grand daughter.  And her Pretend Friends.  Having Imaginary Friends is common for kids this age.  Perhaps more so in little people whose early years were spent in Covid isolation.  But ye gads 'n kitty kats she has a varied bunch of them.  Carson and the Alissas (she shows up in several different ages) are the most common.  My favorites are Loud Tina, her mother Geena and her baby sister Screama.  They are characterized by being, well, very loud although I can't say that I hear them at all.  I've tried to claim that I also see a rather gothic teen aged sister named Extrema but grand daughter ain't buyin' it.

At my old but not yet senile age I don't actually have Imaginary Friends as such, but my digging friends are sort of the same thing.  Fascinating people who only materialize in corporeal form for a couple of weeks a year.  Here's some photos.  No explanations.  In some cases I don't have one.





 



No comments: