Tuesday, November 23, 2021

Deer Camp 2021 - Third Report

 Nice, if chilly, sunrise.

Today was a day of innovation and continuity.  After nothing more than scenery in the morning we spent the mid day moving stands to new locations.  I then went back to my usual location for the evening.  All other hunters seem to have left the area.

Shortly before sunset a very nice buck wandered around just out of my comfortable range.  Also, just on the other side of the dividing line between public and private land.  He seemed a suspicious sort, always peering up at my location.  I had him in the sights for a while, but he was still on the wrong side of the line.  Eventually a dog barked somewhere in the distance, the deer spooked and ran off.  An exciting end to the day but still no venison.  Heck, I'm telling myself that 8 point bucks don't taste good anyway.

No comments: