Monday, September 24, 2018

I get Micro Aggressed*

As I wander through the basement levels of the Halls of Academe, I run across many interesting things.  Recently I saw this sign:



The sign did say Welcome so I stopped and looked in.  Things were not actually up and running at that point but there were some staffers in the office getting ready.  Our eyes met....and I was on the receiving end of a glare that I think could be described as "skunk eye".  

I'm not sure why.  I mean, I know that old, lightly pigmented carriers of Y chromosomes are universally acknowledged as pretty much just radiating continuous microaggressions, but they don't know me from Adam.  Although I guess they could tell I wasn't Eve, so they may have simply made up their minds.

I continued my stroll down the hallway.  (Note, the picture was taken later).

Well, what have we here?  I always like bowls full of free stuff!  



Oh.  Condoms.  Sort of a Uni student trick or treat scenario.


Well anyway the little blue sleeping masks that say "Mind Recharging" on them were nice. 
----------
* Although uncommon Aggressed appears to be a real word.  And if it is not, don't go challenging me on it.  That would make me feel uncomfortable.

No comments: