Monday, September 17, 2018

Brewery Cave Revisits

I had a chance recently to show a visitor around a couple of brewery caves.  It was a fun opportunity to revisit sites in another community several years after my last time through.

There are of course always new things to see.

Here is a vent hole for a cave.  Oddly it has been outfitted with a much newer cement pad and manhole cover.  Somebody has lifted the manhole cover off entirely.  I don't see the reason for this, it is too narrow to crawl down.

I have to admit I walked right past this the first two times I went looking for it.  It really looks like somebody's back yard barbecue pit.



You see this sort of thing too often.  Is it really Satanic graffiti or is it an ironic parody?


Also in the category of creepy....look closely.  No, get a little closer still.....


Great big spiders clutching egg sacs full of millions of little spiders.  It's like Charlotte's Web goes to The Mines of Moria.


No comments: