Monday, November 21, 2022

Deer Hunting 2022 Opening Weekend

 View from my ground blind opening morning.  


Lots of snow.  While pretty and useful for tracking if you get a deer it does crazy things to deer movement patterns.  I saw one deer briefly, just long enough to take the safety off but not long enough to line up a shot.  On the other hand both of my sons got nice deer opening morning.  Our friend Eddy and I are still shut out as of mid day Sunday.

With their deer already "hanging around" some of our hunting party have leisure for other things.  One of my boys remarkably saw two bears out and about.  Dude, you should be hibernating.  While this was taken through a scope bear are clearly not in season and were left alone.  Presumably they stumbled off and found someplace to sleep where deer hunters were not stomping around.


The tea party/deer camp/Happy Birthday event went off well.  I'm tempted to wear my blaze orange tiara crown out for the evening hunt.  My son says it will at least make other hunters keep their distance.  You should try to steer clear of apparent lunatics with rifles.


Well you'd think that would have worked but alas, no.  I did see a couple of deer at a range that perhaps my marksman son would have managed but I let them go.  Tomorrow is another day.  For me.  For them, maybe not.


No comments: