Wednesday, September 28, 2022

Come Closer, My Pretties....!

For many years we've had an odd cement lawn gnome up at our lake place.  As he is holding a fish it seemed best to have him down by the dock, but the grandkids thought he was creepy.  I guess they have a point....




No....they definitely have a point.  So he's been demoted to guarding the firewood supply out back.

I've been putting out trail cams to keep an eye on deer behaviour as hunting season approaches.  But sometimes I think they are missing things.  So as a test I took a bunch of over ripe pears somebody gave us and piled them up at the feet of Creepygnome.  I even put one in the fish's mouth.  Then set up the camera and waited.


Think we'll have any takers?

Deer showed up almost immediately.  This one seems to be taking a big sniff of that pear!


If you are quite observant you will notice two different camera angles.  So....who actually swiped the rotten fruit right out from under the sneering gaze of the imp?


Yep.  A gang of trash pandas turned up.  Most of the pears were eaten.  So to be fair I decided to restock.  Wife had some surplus Bok Choi....


I did not leave cameras out for this stuff.  Something will eat it, I just don't want to know any details.

No comments: