Friday, July 9, 2021

An unlikely target of theft.

I have not been in the Minneapolis/St. Paul area since the beginning of the pandemic.  And now that things have improved in that regard I'm in no hurry to go back.  It's not the city I remember.  Rioters burned Uncle Hugo's Science Fiction Bookstore to the ground.  Axman surplus was looted.  Just a few weeks ago a man was shot to death in his car a hundred yards from my old house on 26th Avenue North.

But I did go to a ball game near downtown St. Paul, an area that has had less trouble.  Still, I'm not sure what to make of this:


I suspect this cement bus bench has been chained up to keep it from being used in barricades the next time things get stupid in the Big City.  Rioters alas seem more ambitious and organized these days.  I imagine they'll remember to bring bolt cutters.

No comments: