Saturday, October 31, 2020

Boo! Also, Squeak!

My various underground meanderings and collaboration with the DNR have given me an appreciation of bats.  And so, as a Friend to Bats, my domestic duties are a little different when one of the fuzzy little fliegermice is detected in the house.  

This is a Big Brown Bat and was hissing at my better half when she went up into the attic.  It is pretty cold up there and he was sluggish, so she was able to pop a trashcan over him and call me.  After consultation with the Bat Experts I was advised to take him outside and put him on or near a tree.  He might do OK.  It would for him certainly be better odds than the Old Ways which involved a tennis racquet.

Here he is at the bottom of the trash can just prior to release.  He's groggy and torpid.  Probably, and I think we can all relate, wondering what the heck is going on in 2020.  Happy Halloween.



1 comment:

Borepatch said...

Count your blessings. If you lived here in Florida, your lovely bride might have found an alligator in the attic. I have it on good authority that tennis racquets are of limited use against a gator, torpid or other wise ...