Monday, October 12, 2020

Careful Aim...

I can't recall shooting a deer rifle in my 63 years and change.  Just BB guns and .22s as a Boy Scout.  A shotgun a few times.  Maybe that muzzle loading contraption my father in law had me fire once qualifies.

But if you are going deer hunting it seems a useful thing to learn.

Here's my results at 100 yards range.


Not bad, especially as two of the errant shots (marked with pencil) were by my son who sighted in on this target before me.

As the deer we will be dealing with seem, on the basis of evidence to date, to be clueless enough to approach much, much closer, I figure this is sufficient.  Although if they insist on casually strolling up to 10 yard range they'll just be a huge brown blur that fills the entire scope view and that might actually make things rather challenging.....

No comments: