Saturday, April 20, 2013

Giant Mouse Update - Spring of 2013

It has been a while since I checked up on my old pal, the Mouse variously known as Murray or as  Big D K 6.  I swung by the other day and noted quite a few changes....


He is still on display outside The Red Zone bar, but has been moved.  He has turned his rodent rump on the outside world and now watches over their parking lot.  He also has a few new accessories.


A glowing yellow cheese is duct taped into his previously threatening paws.


He wears a Green Bay Packers cape over his fading emerald body suit paint job.  The overall effect is rather "Mexican Wrestler" in my opinion.

Fiberglass is a durable material but it is not entirely immune to the elements.  Notice how previous layers of paint are peeking through?


And of greater concern, hoodlums and/or drunkards seem to have damaged his tail!



It takes effort and a little money to maintain our culture so I hope the Red Zone folks take notice and do a little spruce up.  Much as I enjoy ever increasing layers of kitch we have to look to the fundamentals as well.  Hopefully Big D K 6 will stand proud and strong for many years to come!


No comments: