Thursday, March 7, 2024

Random Wanderings in Florida

It feels a little weird to take an "escape winter" trip to Florida in early March, as we've barely had a winter to escape from!  And it is a journey with no defined agenda.  Relax.  Try not to get sunburned.  Do some things we've enjoyed before, maybe a few new ones.  Don't expect a theme.  Well, there will be another Strange Fishing theme but other than that it will just be whatever happens.

Staying in a beachy area I suspect we'll not see many examples of true Florida Man.  I did spot this nifty service vehicle in the grocery store parking lot and thought the cartoonish version of "Boomer" looked a bit F.M.


That is Boomer by the way.  We had a nice chat.  Like many in the local service industries he is a transplant.  A Michigan Man specifically.

Same store, an outdoor kiosk with all manner of beach supplies.


Of course the alligator floaty raft catches the eye.  At first glance it appeared to have a phenomenal number of safety precautions.  But on closer inspection....


It is really just the same basic instructions in about 18 different languages.  The image in upper left pretty much says it all.  Well my goodness, I'd not have ended up floated dead in the water if you'd thought to include RISIKO FOR DRUKNING.  What, it was there?  Well I thought it was saying I should get drunk, which I of course did.....

I did make it to the beach after that.  I kept my feet on dry land at all times.  There are gangs there.  Bird gangs.


Each species has its own "turf" and its own comfort level when humans draw near.  The little birds skittered away.  The Cool Birds, well, they know they are Cool..


Hangin' out, tryin' to look Cool.  More Florida stuff for a few days to come.

No comments: