Wednesday, March 13, 2024

Spring Talks

I divide my year up into "seasons", and when robotics is done or winding down I usually schedule a number of talks for various groups.  Gives me something to do while waiting for late Spring archaeology travels.  

This year it is a mixture of old topics and re-visited ones, and for three different community education programs.  If you're interested in such things, here's times, places and contact info.

The POW baseball one has been particularly interesting to dust off.  I've not given that talk for a decade or so, and looking back on my original research I realized that it was about thirty years back that I stumbled on this odd tale.......

25 April.  POW Baseball in World War Two.  Chippewa Falls Community Education program.  Details at:   Community Ed Course Catalog.

27 April.  Historic Movie Theaters of Chippewa Falls.  This one is at the new History Center.  Contact them at:   History Center

And finally, 30 April I'm doing a program for the Chippewa Valley Learning in Retirement group.  Unlike the previous two, which are reprises, this one is new.  Patent Medicines of Western Wisconsin.  Details at:  CVLR Calendar .

Always fun to do live talks.  With three hour plus talks in five days I hope I can keep 'em straight!



No comments: