Wednesday, October 4, 2023

Dog University

It appears I now have a full time dog.

He comes to us with a bit of what you could either call ill discipline or roguish charm.  Either way it has been made clear that Rules will be Obeyed.

Whether this means me or him is open to interpretation.  In the end it does not matter, because dog training classes teach the lunkheads on either end of the leash.

I was not quite sure how he would do at Dog University.  Would he be a frightened, lost freshman, reluctant to venture out into the world?  Would he be a rambunctious frat boy trying to hump the instructor's leg?

In the end he was just fine.


He's really motivated by the constant dog treats that this involves.  I anticipate him putting on the dreaded "Freshman fifteen" and may have to cut his school day chow rations accordingly.  He's smart enough to eye me very suspiciously when I do so.


No comments: