Wednesday, September 20, 2023

Oh, Deer.

The leaves are starting to turn colors, so deer hunting can't be far off.  I've had the trail cams out a few times in recent weeks.

Here's a couple of suspicious characters...


Somewhat more helpfully...


And another suspicious character....


I've also been out target shooting a number of times.  I have the rifle sighted in pretty well.  That does not mean I'm a great shot.  I blame a bad rotator cuff, but usually my first few shots are the best ones.  After that my arms must get a bit tired and perhaps I'm flinching as the recoil even from my modest caliber rifle does hurt.

Well, I always try to quit on a high note.  The other day I took my last shot at a ginger ale can at 90 yards.


That ought to suffice.

Anyway, we'll have a large family contingent hunting this year and even though I am clearly the worst shot in the bunch there should be venison enough to go around.


No comments: