Monday, June 19, 2023

The Day after Father's Day

One day per year dads get lots of recognition.  And this is appropriate.  Our culture has on the one hand derided us as clueless dolts and on the other hand ignored the societal ills of Absent Fathers.  Yes, we can be foolish but we are demonstrably better than No Dad.

That being true lets be honest and say that Moms deserve not only their own Day but our ongoing respect and admiration.  Without them there would be no kids to turn out either well or badly.  And they have to deal with the reality of parenting on a continuous basis.

Seen on a walk the morning of Father's Day:

A substantial Snapping Turtle digging a nest near my garden plot...


You look into her beady little eyes and just know what she's thinking.


"I had to drag my poor pregnant self all the way up from the pond.  Bipeds are staring at me.  That guy is nowhere to be found and I've got a leech stuck to my head."

Happy Momma Turtle Day.  You've earned it gal.

No comments: