Wednesday, June 21, 2023

The Striped Rats Return

Ah Summer.  The world is renewed.  Everywhere you look there are green growing things.  And yet for some reason the chipmunks have decided it makes sense to infiltrate our domicile and dig at our house plants.  Honestly....nothing edible out there?

After various threats and imprecations I was ordered to deploy the live trap.

Soon thereafter we had one.

My Better Half announced this and said I could take it away any time.  I suggested she heap some verbal abuse on it in the interim.  She allowed as how she'd already called it a "Little Bastard".  But given how few rodents pregnancies actually occur with the benefit of clergy that's just stating a plain ol' fact.


The picture is blurry because this trap is designed for squirrels.  The mesh is just big enough that Chippies can slither through.  So I added plastic side panels.

I used my best Mafioso voice to tell him he'd be "Takin' a little trip across the river....".  Which is literally true, I let them go on the other side.  The metal trap was opened, I banged on it vigorously and off Little Bastard went.  


No comments: