Friday, December 3, 2021

Archaeology 2022

The onset of Wisconsin winter is always hard to accept.  People who endure it often say that they like having "Four Seasons".  Well I happen to like spring more than the other three.  So it is with considerable satisfaction that I can look forward to a return to England in April.

I've been gone too long, but at last will be joining old friends excavating at Vindolanda again.  Spring in northern England is the best.

And to make it even better I am on for four weeks this year.  Yep, an entire month of archaeology, walking over green hills, and evenings in our favorite pubs.

It should be enough to get me through the less favored seasons.

Of course even in Paradise it rains from time to time...


Fingers crossed that the "Omigod" variant does not torpedo yet another season of travel.  

No comments: