Wednesday, December 22, 2021

Photographic Loose Ends of 2021

Various odds and ends that seemed like they wanted to turn up as 2021 winds down.

I think I did post one view of the Great Silver Brain in Lansing Michigan.  One was not enough.

I am usually stingy with pictures of the odd geocaches I create.  But this one in the shape of a plate fungus has had its day and departed.  I've done a number of these and you can really only get 6 months or so out of them before they deteriorate and need to be replaced.



I think the Strange Fish Challenge has run its course.  I'm no longer making serious efforts to find odd fish in odd places.  I really should have tried catching chubs in Chub creek though...

Another FIRST robotics season is just a few weeks off now.  It will be particularly crazy as we have a new, inexperienced crew.  But it has been fun working with lots of prototypes.  Given things we have or can lay hands on quickly, can we build intake systems, conveyor belts, elevators and whatnots?



Yes these version 1.0 prototypes look rough, but they are in fact perfect for their role.  Make 'em quick, prove the basics work, figure out how to improve them for full metal version 2.0 and beyond.  Bonus points if you can stress them to breakage.

And finally something of a self portrait.  A highlight of the year has been spending time with the grands, one of whom really likes whiteboard art projects.  The signature DB suggests this was done by Doll Baby, but is she really my nemesis or my artistic nom de plume?





No comments: