Monday, December 3, 2018

Posters in the Halls of Academe - Part One

Random odd things seen while waiting for German class.  With Weirdness Rating from the perspective of a 61 year old geezer.

This first one is puzzling.  The Wandering Uterus Project seemed to be related to the making of a (movie?) called ALL NIGHT CHECK.  When I tried to google that I instead got THIS  I really have no idea how this link - which seems to be a service that watches show horses at, well, horse shows, relates at all.



Elsewhere I did find a somewhat more helpful link.  HERE The Wandering Uterus Project appears to be a multimedia presentation that is "..designed to redress the recent anti-uterus rhetoric that has entered the public sphere..."  Sure, there are some good ideas in there, but for Weirdness this gets a 6.  (Scale of 10)

Einstein in Scotland.  This is a study abroad opportunity.  The cut off part of the poster mentions that you can "Learn Relativity in Aberdeen".  Pints of ale consumed with people speaking the "Doric" dialog of northern Scotland would be a Relatively Interesting experience.  Where Einstein fits in I know not but this was on a board with other math related stuff.  Nerds in kilts.  Weirdness level 7.  I'd give it more but that might be what it takes for Einstein to make sense.


A study of graffiti in a cathedral.  I don't consider this weird at all.  0. If I'd seen it before the actual event I'd have gone to the lecture.


An All Gender Clothing Swap.  This would be weirder if it were prom dresses and such. But boring, neutral colored sweaters?  I still have to give it a 3 but only because it mentions Transmission Week and that sounds like a sale at the auto parts store.



Ladies, Gentlemen and assorted other denizens of the Internet I think we have a winner.  One display cabinet has shared space between Latin American Studies and Public Health Studies.  The cabinet has not been updated lately.  The Essentials of Public Health book is looking tired and saggy.


And a close up of the lower edge of the book?  Dead Bugs!  Health Inspection Fail.  Weirdness level 9.5!


No comments: