Friday, December 7, 2018

The Fez and the Legos

Recently I was asked to be the Master of Ceremonies for a FIRST Lego League event. I was given to understand that the primary requirements were a comfort level with middle schoolers, a sufficient energy level, and a silly hat.

I said sure.  In fact I told them that I already owned a bit of headgear I refer to as "The Jeweled Fez of Robotic Supremacy" and that I had worn it while being MC for other robotic events.

FIRST Lego League is a highly organized system and provides a great service for middle school aged students.

Here's the field level view.



And me doing my thing:



Oh, I also wore my tuxedo with tails.  I don't get enough opportunities to do so.

Among my duties of the day I sat down and interviewed most of the two dozen teams in attendance.  A couple of the kids said "I really like your hat".  In return I asked them: "Do you want one?".  I had tossed in a couple of extras from my shamefully large collection of fezes.

Here I am with my Fez Bretheren.



(For the record, I decided at the last minute to not wear the Jeweled Fez.  Rhinestones are a bit much for a daytime event.  The Leopard Fez seemed a more appropriate choice.)

No comments: