Friday, November 3, 2023

Nutritious Drinks on the House

In the interest of not being an Old Grump I'm going to say something positive about the modern world.  Man, we get lots more fun packages.  Makes sense of course.  Its the internet and Amazon and the decline of in person shopping.  See it, click on it, money you never actually touch flies away somewhere else and minions show up to leave things on your porch.

Sometimes they are real surprises.  Hmmm, this one is heavy.  I didn't order anything like that.

Lets peek inside.....


What you see first is a huge stack of coupons for money off of Ensure.  If you are under say, 60, you might not know what that is.  Sold as a nutritional supplement for Weak and Elderly folk its kind of like Energy Drink for Geezers.  And under the layer of paper....


The good folks at Ensure decided to ship me 12 pounds worth of Nutrition shakes.  They do this on an intermittent and seemingly random basis.

Of course it is because I was a primary care physician quite a few years ago.  They hope I'll hand the coupons out to my elderly patients.  Who gets the actual bottles of stuff I'm not sure.  Interesting the things that still turn up 16 years after I left primary care and 7 since I retired from medicine entirely.  

Or is this not random at all?  Does some devious computer program keep track of retired physicians and send them boxes of Geezer Juice every once in a while?



No comments: