Wednesday, August 18, 2021

The Tooth Fairy is a Scam

I don't recall for sure what I got from the Tooth Fairy when I was a single digit tyke.  I seem to remember nice shiny dimes under the pillow in the morning but all memories from a half century ago must be regarded as suspect.  I understand my grandkids are doing considerably better in the business.

And if it is a business, well, the Tooth Fairy is a scamster on the level of the shadiest of Nigerian Princes.

We lose 20 baby teeth.  If I got a dime a piece and invested it at what once was a reasonably expected 7% annually.  I'd now have the (not Nigerian) princely sum of $83.

And let me tell ya, when through bad luck, bad heredity and just maybe a few foolish things like crimping fishing sinkers you have a tooth that cracks badly enough to be extracted?

$83 bucks won't get you far.

Well there is a time for economy and a time to (oops, not gonna bite any bullets!) do what needs doing.  With the aid of lots of IV sedation I can report that the entire procedure might just as well have happened to somebody else.

And my better half wrote the check before I returned to this planet, so that's helpful.  I burned a few spousal credits on this deal, probably putting me back to negative numbers after - I swear - months of being an absolute paragon.


No comments: