Monday, August 16, 2021

A Dubious Bargain

 Here's something I saw on my morning walk the other day.  It raises questions.


The simplest answer is usually the correct one.  I checked, and it is not illegal to own or to sell poisonous snakes in Wisconsin.  So I guess if you really wanted a deadly reptile, and did not have a spouse, children or other pets that you were overly fond of, heck $25 seems like a great deal!

On the other hand, when I google searched Pit Vipers for sale I got page after page of a fancy brand of sun glasses by that name.  The prices were all over the place.  Some special edition versions were over $100.  Other, plainer versions more like $50.  So perhaps this would be a bargain if what you got were brand name, not cheap knockoffs.  

I suppose I should have called the number and asked, but to be honest neither transaction appeals to me.

No comments: