Wednesday, December 27, 2017

Goats, Kids but No Kidding.

Any time a song becomes famous there are lawsuits claiming, on the basis of a similar tune or words, that somebody else wrote it.  And wants a pile of money for their work.

So, although I seldom do posts featuring my grandson, I do have to put up a song I composed for him.  If something similar ever hits the big time this will be my "marker".  Pay up, despicable song pirates...

The inspiration comes from a little Wildlife Petting Zoo that he likes to visit.  There are lots of animals including goats.  And goats will eat anything.  The goat chow you buy from a little dispenser, sure.  But if that is not forthcoming they'll nibble on you instead!


Cows Say Moo
By Tim Wolter
Copyright 2017
--------------------------------------------
Horses neigh,
Cows say Moo.
Goats are gonna eat your shoe.
Pigs they roll in mud and dirt but
Goats are gonna eat your shirt.

Woof says Dog,
Meow says Cat.
Goats are gonna eat your hat.
Camel he is way up there but,
Goats are gonna eat this chair.

Chickens they eat bugs and ants,
Goats are gonna eat your pants.
Here we are just me and you,
and the Goat who's gonna eat your shoe....


The tune is something along the lines of "This Old Man", which I assume is well into the Public Domain.  

Feel free to sing it to your own kids and grand kids if you want to be Silly.  

But if you start making money off of it expect a visit from my non Silly legal team!





1 comment:

Andrew said...

Ah, I've heard an Appalachian lyric to the same:
"Calf and a pig, walking through the pasture
Calf says, 'Pig, can't you walk a little faster?'
Pig said, 'Oink!'...Calf said 'Baa!'...
Oink-baa, oink-baa, oink-baa-baa!