Friday, December 15, 2017

Spam Haiku

I have a special email account that captures most of the spam sent my way.  After a certain number accumulate they are simply automatically deleted.  But I take a look now and again, as legitimate emails turn up once in a while.

Mostly of course it is full of oddly phrased missives from people who would like access to my bank account.

The other day I looked over the accumulated emails and realized that they had a sort of poetry to them.  Almost like haiku.

Very loosely, haiku poems have 3 lines with 5, 7, and 5 syllables in them.  Just for fun I decided to take snippets of peculiar spam and craft haiku from them.


My best girl inquire,

free of cost audit report for

The Rolex Watches

or perhaps this one:

Highly Sincerely

principally tremendous

still remember me?

you can even mine a single "Nigerian" email for its built in, if unintended poetry.

artist and miscreants

ready to share with you 40%

of Cahoot Bank here

Now, let me try my own original composition.

Voices from nowhere

Foolishly hope for my cash

Delete button - click





No comments: