Monday, April 17, 2023

Squawking

When we were on the road recently we found ourselves in Gaylord Michigan.  Like many small towns in this part of the world it has some really nice brewpubs.  We were relaxing from our travels, enjoying pizza and a pint, when we heard the most puzzling screech/squawk noises coming from outside.

Soon after a party of four sat down with three brilliantly colored parrots.

After a bit I wandered over and told them that while tropical birds were on our list of possible sources of the noise they were not in the top three.  They asked if I wanted to hold one of them.  The birds that is, not one of the humans.

At first I declined.  I got mildly trampled by a camel once and regard exotic species with suspicion.  But I changed my mind.  When you get a chance to have your picture taken in ridiculous circumstances, always go for it.

Staring into beady eyes and while worrying about a gigantic beak is a bit disconcerting.

I think that's why the bird looked away.



No comments: