Wednesday, March 22, 2023

Cracker Camping

There is always something new to see when you travel.  Our last night in Florida we stayed in an uninspiring hotel whose main virtue was proximity to the airport.  Out the back door was a Cracker Barrel restaurant.  For my British friends, and for those inclined to finer dining, Cracker Barrel serves large portions of "down home cookin'" heavy on bacon, grits, waffles.  You get the idea.

And here's there parking lot, at least the one out back.


Three larger type vehicles.  Two of them are pretty pricey, a Mercedes and what I think is a Hummer.  All have dark covering over their windows.  The Benz appears to have a satellite dish on top.  So what gives?

This is a thing I guess.  People who wander here and there in vans sleeping not in campgrounds but in the parking lots of Wal Marts and Cracker Barrel restaurants.  I obviously have Questions.....they must take showers once in a while for instance.  But overall I'm happy to leave this "Van Life" thing as just an odd sighting of a different tribe.  Their ways are not my ways.

No comments: