Monday, January 9, 2023

FIRST Robotics - Ready or Not.....

Five months of pre-season prep.  It's never enough.

Saturday was our Kick off for the 2023 season.  We hosted a gathering of our team and two other "neighbors" to watch the big reveal video.


We had something in excess of 60 people on hand.  Current students, alumni of several teams, coaches, parents, a few kid siblings.  They needed feeding so we had Venisonfest 2.0.


Much time was spent in small groups discussing rules and design options.  It was interesting to mix members of the teams for this.  With five groups working we had to hijack every white board on the premises.


I'm not sure why mascot costumes fascinate me but it is just how it is.  I guess I'm not alone in this.  Various parts of the 5826 costume were being worn for no darn reason at all.


Oh, this year's challenge.  As it is not my job to figure this out I have not actually read the detailed rules yet but here is the reveal video for a general overview.


 Expect weekly FIRST robotics updates for the next three months.  

No comments: