Wednesday, February 2, 2022

Lizard Beer

I'm fairly easy going about my politics.  And if I'm enjoying a beer I become even more so.  Over pints I have had many enjoyable chats about the state of the world with those who see it differently.  So please don't take what follows as a partisan screed.

There is a microbrewery over on the other side of the state that is run by people with very outspoken progressive views.  That's fine although I do see them taking a few chances by actually insulting conservatives, many of whom enjoy their beer.  But it is their business to run.  I think they went a bit too far when they started their own PAC and in its name sued school districts around the state that did not "follow CDC guidelines".   It is a free country, they broke no laws, and on some level I respect people who are so passionate about their beliefs that they take actual risks.

As it happens I think they were wrong, and their actions just made a bad situation worse, so I don't think I'll support them by buying their products.  Free country for me also.

But that is beside the point.  The other day I ran across their wares on one of my essential supply runs.  Since I won't be sampling the taste I can only judge a can by its cover.  This is important in the modern beer marketplace.  Have a catchy name and a visually pleasing container and it might set you apart from others on the crowded shelf.  This is a golden age for beer and there are lots of great options.  So what to make of this:


Something struck me as odd right away.  It took me a while to process it.  Let's see....black bulbous eyes.  No visible nose.  Fixed grinning expression.  Where have I seen that before?


Is President Biden a Lizard Person?  I'll admit the odds are small, but it would explain much.

Best of luck to the brewery involved anyway.  The world needs more good beer and more people willing to put their money on the line for what they believe in.  Cheers.  Also Hissssssssss!

1 comment:

Mike_C said...

>in the modern beer marketplace. Have a catchy name...

Here's what our favorite hicks have to say about that:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nhNJBj6w-8k