Friday, February 25, 2022

Cheers! Christmas in February

To stay in shape for England and to burn off nervous energy, I go for a brisk walk every morning.  This being winter sometimes it is very brisk indeed.  But there is always something interesting to see.  On 17 February I came to a halt when I encountered this:


The big sign advertises Leinenkugel's beer.  Quite apt as this is a tavern.  The smaller sign points you to Christmas trees for sale out back.  Hmmmm.  I guess they have the market to themselves.  At first I thought this was an accident, maybe a sign that was buried under snow and is just now peeking out.  But here is the front of said tavern.


Full on Christmas décor.  Peeking through the window there is even a nice green Christmas tree inside.  I suppose it is likely plastic.

The guy I walk with in the morning suggested that the establishment went out of business.  Possible I suppose, but when I got home and checked facebook they are still selling suds.  

No idea really why they have all the Christmas stuff still up.  Just never got around to taking it down I suppose.

No comments: