Friday, March 13, 2020

The Seasons Turn

Spring is in the air.  Hopefully it comes on warm and soon to help dispell coronavirus if that indeed is even possible.  In the meantime...

Emptying out pockets before the jeans go down the laundry chute.  Guess robot season is over.


We've started running maple syrup out to a farm that processes it for us.  They also took in a family member's chicken last year when it started loudly crowing every morning.  As you can see not every instance where you tell kids that an animal has "moved to a nice home out on a farm" are actually bald faced fibs.


With many plans for speaking and traveling all uncertain today I'm feeling a bit unfocused.  I'll try to gear up for regular Detritus of Empire postings again but the gas tank is a bit low at the moment.

Stay well.


2 comments:

Borepatch said...

I hate to say, but I don't think I've ever had left over nuts and bolts in my pockets.

Tacitus said...

Those are keys to the locked pit cart where we store team laptops at tournament. Also, I tend to keep a few critical parts where I can access them should the team be scrambling to find something that is necessary to get the robot turned around for another match in just minutes.

And since my practical role is quickly becoming Chief Janitor there's always the stuff I pick up off the floor. Sometimes - gee who'da thunk it - those are exactly the crucial parts that have gone missing!

TW