Monday, October 21, 2019

Travco Revisited

I mentioned a few weeks back that I was again taking classes at the local tech school.  Just for fun and to learn a few things on a topic of interest.  I had not been there for two years, having opted last fall to take a German class at the University instead.

The class goes well.  Fun, no pressure.  And tech school seems familiar to me now.  Especially when I walk down a hallway and see life sized pictures of my former class and classmates!

You may recall that my mechanical design class had us virtually creating and then 3D printing tricky little mechanisms.  My account of one was called "Designing Bright Orange Machinery".  

Well guess what, here's the bright orange machine being held by one of my class collaborators!  Remember that all these photos are actually of photos.



Another guy working on the project shows up in this picture.



The interesting thing here is that he was once a middle school student of mine in "Machines Behaving Badly".  It is a small world and people with mechanical inclinations tend to end up in the same corners of it.

And what about Travis, he for whom our little collaborative effort "Travco" was named?  Ah, he's around too.  Or at least his picture is.  I feel like I should put a bit of masking tape with the legend "Our Founder" on the bottom of this.  I'd be the only person who would get the joke, but some days that's enough.



No comments: