Friday, March 16, 2018

Archeology Spring Training Part Four - What is it?

Today an instance where I ask a question but have no answer.

This is a ceramic knob of some sort.  It is on a wooden shaft with a copper alloy band on its top.  Similar things are sometimes beer tap pulls - which are usually larger - or faucet handles.  Those of course would be smaller.



It has a stenciled image on the top.  I don't find it particularly helpful but I suppose we can exclude beer.



Theories?  A Lady's cane has been proposed.  Or perhaps a faucet handle for something bigger like a fancy bath tub.  The wooden part bothers me in that regard.

Your theories - probably being better anyway - are welcomed.

2 comments:

next door Laura said...

Parasol handle. What do I win?

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/308848486918977560/

Tacitus said...

Prize of your choosing.

TW