Monday, April 12, 2021

I'm Not that Way Anymore....

Out for a walk the other day.  Hey, what's that back behind the dumpster?  It was on a lot where there had been a fire a few weeks ago.  Let's take a closer look....


A crispy, partially melted Barbie Jeep.  Man, there was a time when I'd have grabbed this and hauled it home.  There's motors, gearboxes, wiring and switches to scavenge!


But that was in an earlier, simpler time.  Back then I needed a constant supply of parts for Machines Behaving Badly and for other DIY robotics projects.  Now things are more precise, more organized.  Actual....engineering.  Most of the scavenged robot parts from years past have gone to recycling.

Times are different.  Even I'm different but no so much changed that I don't feel the nostalgic tug of the old ways.  It brought to mind a song I had not thought of in years.



1 comment:

Gorges Smythe said...

I suppose we're all some version of that. I know that a lot of my interests have fallen by the wayside as time has gone by. Trust in the Lord.