Monday, July 6, 2020

Best Fourth of July Ever?

Well for sure at least a contender.  It could have been made better only be having more of the extended family on hand, but at least we've seen them all in recent weeks.

Fabulous weather.  Here's a view of the lake.  I tried to catch a pair of loons that had just appeared off the starboard bow, but they seem to have ducked back under.


Oddly there were no fireworks, unless you count a few sparklers by the oldest grandkid (his first btw).  But fishing, games, good food, cross generational silliness.  All the good stuff.  

Early on the 4th proper three generations of guys went to another, isolated nearby lake to explore/fish.  We bumped up and down on a road where mountain goats were expected immanently.  As it turns out the fishing was not great.  But the boat landing was literally hopping with lots and lots of what my grandson and I call "microfrogs".


If my fingerprints are not enough of a clue to their size I shall point out that those granules of stuff on the little guy are actually grains of sand.  The Junior Herpatologist and I disagree as to the ID on these critters.  Either American Toads or Grey Tree Frogs.  But in either case they are small, cute and very soon will turn into something totally different and then hop away.  

sniff, sniff....

I'm talking about the microfrogs of course.


No comments: