Wednesday, August 22, 2018

Boundless Ambitions

I'm just back from a trip to the Boundary Waters Canoe Area, that vast wilderness along the Minnesota-Canada border.  No motor craft, no roads, you travel with what you can carry across rocky portages.

It was my first trip there since my kids were young.  

Great weather and company.  

More on this over the next couple of posts, but carrying a wet, heavy pack and a canoe at my age did get me thinking about ambitions.

I am not as ambitious as this guy:



About the size and weight of the lure he hit on - managing to get all three hooks - he would be an unimpressive entrant for Chub Fest.  ( btw, no Chub Fest '18 due to schedule conflicts.)

Perhaps on a good day I could manage the ambition levels of these entrepreneurs in a town near the entry to the Wilderness.



Live Minnows, Leeches and Ciscos.  Maps, Ice and all other outdoor necessities.  Small town family industry with a giant walleyed pike on the roof.

No comments: