Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Die, Woolly Bear, Die

Last fall I consulted that inerrant prognosticator of the invertebrate world, the Woolly Bear Caterpillar. He promised a short and tolerable winter.

I am pretty sure that the little quisling has paid the ultimate price for his treachery as the last few days have been colder than any in my longish memory.

The official temperature got down to -35 F.  For my UK and Continental friends that is -37 C.

Of course individual locations could vary.  When heading home after a shift on Sunday night I drove past one of those bank signs that gives a temp reading.

It said:         E

Hunker down, folks.  And be safe, we have had some tragic stuff in the ER of late and I don't mean that treacherous bug who clearly has it coming to him.

Mystery coin week resumes tomorrow.

No comments: